News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Chord-Tangent Angle Compensation

Started by benhung, April 25, 2023, 07:39:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tgbto

Thank you for the kind words. I modified it slightly to fix a few bugs and so it is easier to read/understand. I still have a 1.5 difference in H_USB with TormekCalc which I can't explain...

Ken S

I have a request from a member to move this topic to knife sharpening. I have no problem with it in either group. I would like some feedback from the members before deciding.

Ken

benhung

Hi,

I made a calculating diagram simulate TTS-100's design.  It can help you make your version TTS-100 type jig.  Hope it help.

https://www.geogebra.org/m/csmvmayb

I didn't out of topic, I did the chord-tangent line compensation on it. Same as previous, you have to figure out Ton's real projection to apply it.

Regards,

Benjamin

I add it at first page also.

cbwx34

Quote from: Ken S on May 03, 2023, 11:16:29 PMI have a request from a member to move this topic to knife sharpening. I have no problem with it in either group. I would like some feedback from the members before deciding.

Ken

That would be me.

I figured that since it's related to Dutchman's work, it would be more appropriate there.

As a sidebar, in GeoGebra, you can "turn on" the geometry part used to solve the Knife Angle calculator.  I found the different approaches taken by benhung and tgbto interesting...

You cannot view this attachment.

(Maybe I'm easily amused.)   ;)
Knife Sharpening Angle Calculator:
Calcapp Calculator-works on any platform.
(or Click HERE to see other calculators available)

tgbto

Quote from: Ken S on May 03, 2023, 11:16:29 PMI have a request from a member to move this topic to knife sharpening. I have no problem with it in either group. I would like some feedback from the members before deciding.

Ken

No objection, Sir. At least for the part I designed, it works with the knife jigs only, due to the way their handle lies on the USB.

Dutchman

Under the date header '20230505', I added info, including URLs, about Benjamin's graphics in my topic "Simple adjustment ..."

Ken S

benhung

I made a diagram for SVM-45.

https://www.geogebra.org/m/uk8cpnq7

Link is also added in first page.

Benjamin

Ps.
Anyone who need a special version for your own(design) jig, give me a mail.  I can make one for you, just give me your jig's dimensions & photo. :)

cbwx34

One thing I found, is that the Sliders don't work well on a phone.  I managed to figure out how to convert them to Inputboxes...

You cannot view this attachment.

...(that's a screenshot from my phone.) Between that and making the font larger (32pt in this example), it works a bit better.  With your knowledge/skill, you could probably come up with better ideas.
Knife Sharpening Angle Calculator:
Calcapp Calculator-works on any platform.
(or Click HERE to see other calculators available)

TomP2

Hi, I am a complete Newby and read this thread carefully. There is one thing I still do not understand: the USB Base point (height). What is it needed and adjusted or measured? Maybe it is a dumb question, but I don't currently own a Tormek.
Thanks for understanding and support!