News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

New T-7, Is it damaged or just me?

Started by sawdust, January 04, 2008, 10:49:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sawdust

Hi,  I just received my new T-7.  Inside the shipping carton was a heavily damaged Tormek T-7 box.  There is much wobble in the honing wheel, left to right.  If I take the honing wheel off, there is no wobble to speak of in the friction wheel.  Also, there is some wobble in the grindstone both left to right and up and down.  With the grindstone removed, there is movement up and down in the main shaft.  This movement is exaggerated at the circumference of the stone.  On the grinding surface, first one side is high then the other.  I think this can be corrected by dressing the stone, which will have to be repeated each time I remove the stone, or if it comes loose.  The side to side wobble of the grindstone I'm not sure about. ???  Is this standard, acceptable and correctable, or should I send it back for replacement?    Any suggestions or comments ???.
Confused "sawdust"

Jeff Farris

I am sorry to hear about your problems. The fact that the inner carton was damaged is very concerning.  Was there any apparent damage to the machine or any other carton contents? Whom did you buy your Tormek from? Normally a slight deviation, particularly side to side deviation, is not a concern and is fairly normal.  Up and down deviation is much more of a concern.  

True your wheel with the TT-50 truing tool and watch it over the next several uses.  I think you'll find that will solve your problem completely.  If it doesn't get in touch with the office -- 1-800-586-7635
Jeff Farris