News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Tormek plus accessories

Started by tevans9129, September 16, 2007, 11:19:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tevans9129

Hi All,

I've been thinking about investing in the Tormek system and would appreciate your recommendations for accessories needed that do not come with the basic system.

The primary function would be for chisels and hand plane knives and would also like to do turning tools and kitchen knives.

I?ve used a 2? knife belt sander free hand for years but my hands are not as steady as they once were, nor are my eyes as good.

Thanks for any thoughts and/or suggestions.

Ted

Jeff Farris

The jig for chisels and plane irons comes standard with the machine.  The SVM-45 Regular Knife Jig should handle your kitchen cutlery.  For your turning tools, you need the SVD-185 for side grinds (fingernail grinds), The SVS-50 for roughing gouges, straight grind gouges and skews, and the SVD-110 for turning scrapers.  You'll also want the profiled honing wheel, the stone grader and the truing tool.  You can get these individually or in packages.
Jeff Farris

tevans9129

thanks a million for the info Jeff.