News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Hollow ground blades

Started by blackhawkbob, July 28, 2007, 02:33:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blackhawkbob

:)I've had my Tormek for several years but have never heard of any way to hollow grind a knife blade using the tool. I sharpen mostly pocket knives and need to relieve the blade angle to make the sharpening procedure faster  for a  razor sharp edge. The larger knives aren't too difficult to get this angle but the small ones, the ones people typically carry in their pocket, are very hard to get the small grind angle without the tool rest hitting the grind stone first. Perhaps a thinner tool rest might be made available in the future?  I've looked at all of the tool holders (I have all that's available at the moment) and don't see how I can put a professional hollow ground edge that is repeatable on a customer's knife: or just thin or relieve the edge. Holding the edge freehand is not consistent. Any ideas? Thanks ???
Bob