News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Tips with the Tormek upcoming video

Started by Ken S, February 15, 2022, 02:39:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken S

I just found this upcoming video from Tormek on youtube:

https://youtu.be/8uLMWXqobRM

Over the years, I have tried to attend woodworking shows where Tormek is demonstrating. My favorites are when Stig is there. I plan to spend the day there. During busy times, I listen unobtrusively, learning from the questions of others. The inevitable slow times become tutoring for me. I have learned a lot from Stig.
I have also learned a lot from the online classes with Sébastien and Wolfgang. I look forward to watching my two favorite learning sources combined.

Ken

John_B

Will try and watch

Just to be sure it is on at 0930 Eastern time?
Sharpen the knife blade
Hone edge until perfection
Cut with joy and ease

Ken S

Live Special: Tips with the Tormek Stig
In this special live episode, we get to meet a man of many names; The Stig, Steve or simply Stig (which is his actual name). Stig is responsible for Tormek Inc. (USA) and is visiting Sweden. We thought we'd take the opportunity and do a live special where Stig, one of our most experienced sharpening pros, gets to give his two cents on sharpening and on the Tormek Sharpening System.

He talks about his best friend, the HB-10 Tormek Handbook, gives out his best general Tormek tips and reveal his favorite jig! And of course, he answers any and all of your questions. In short, you don't want to miss this! See you on Thursday! 😊

When?
Thursday, February 17, 3.30 sharp!😉
(3.30 PM, Swedish time, CEST / 9.30 AM, US Eastern Time, ET)
Watch live!

Ken

Ken S

This is a good companion video for today's class with Stig:

https://youtu.be/ESW3wy0PI18

Kem

cbwx34

Quote from: Ken S on February 17, 2022, 11:12:33 AM
This is a good companion video for today's class with Stig:

https://youtu.be/ESW3wy0PI18

Kem

Ken's so excited he can't even spell his name.  ;D   Probably even more excited with all that chisel talk...  :D

My .02... with all the talk about how good the Handbook is, (and it is), Tormek should make it easier to access.  In other words, don't require registration to do it.  My experience, a lot of people don't register for a variety of reasons, but would like to access the manual.  And based on the forums... some can't find it, 'cause they simply don't look at the registration info.  Stick a link on the front page or in the top menu of the website, with easy access.
Knife Sharpening Angle Calculator:
Calcapp Calculator-works on any platform.
(or Click HERE to see other calculators available)

Ken S

CB,

You missed your calling.You would be a very good proofreader.  :)   No excuse for the error, except that I was probably rushing in order to drive my grandchildren to school.

I agree about the handbook. I suspect that an email to (info@tormek.se) with a good tale of woe might get one a link to the handbook. As mentioned in the class, I am one who downloaded the handbook onto my ipad. I refer to it frequently, as well as the well underlined print copy. For the record, no one is forced to register his Tormek. If you do not want to accept the free extra three years of warranty service, you do not have to register.  :)

Ken