News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Knife Grinders Australia

Started by Dave Cummins, March 24, 2022, 11:32:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Cummins

Hello fellow community members, as this is my first post I am hoping to get some feedback regarding Knife Grinders Australia and whether any of you have received Tormek after-market accessories since Vadims passing. Since joining this community I have learnt of his passing (RIP) and would appreciate if any member could notify me or the forum via this thread of information on KG products that were paid for prior to his passing. I like many others have paid for KG products and am not sure whether to simply write off the payment, or whether to wait and hope they arrive.
Dave

cbwx34

Quote from: Dave Cummins on March 24, 2022, 11:32:46 PM
Hello fellow community members, as this is my first post I am hoping to get some feedback regarding Knife Grinders Australia and whether any of you have received Tormek after-market accessories since Vadims passing. Since joining this community I have learnt of his passing (RIP) and would appreciate if any member could notify me or the forum via this thread of information on KG products that were paid for prior to his passing. I like many others have paid for KG products and am not sure whether to simply write off the payment, or whether to wait and hope they arrive.

Most of the posts I've read here and in the FB group, initially seemed "hit or miss" on whether or not they got their order.  More recently, those who tried to order said their money was refunded.  This suggest to me that they probably no longer have any product.  (No idea why some orders were filled and others weren't).

Have you tried the email they gave? (vadim@exemail.com.au)
Knife Sharpening Angle Calculator:
Calcapp Calculator-works on any platform.
(or Click HERE to see other calculators available)

Dave Cummins

I have emailed them via the KG website as well as using the vadim@exemail.com.au without receiving a reply. Im totally in the dark regarding my order and some kind of communication would be helpful.
Dave

Ken S

I suggest you contact your payment provider, notify them that due to the death of the business owner you have not received your order, and respectfully request a refund.

Ken

Dave Cummins

Thanks Ken

Sadly, I think it's time to source another supplier.
Dave

Ken S

Dave, sadly I must agree with you. However, do not despair. As useful as the Knife Grinders are, the real legacy our friend Vadim left us was his research as seen in his deburring book, posts, and videos.

If, by chance, you do not have a copy of Vadim's deburring book, I would suggest trying to purchase a download copy. Hopefully, there will be no inventory problem with it.

Ken

Dave Cummins

Thanks Ken, I'll source his book from somewhere. Ideally, Id like a hard copy, but a digital version might be the only option. Any suggestions?
Dave

highpower

It looks like amazon.com.au has them.
Knife Deburring: Science behind the lasting razor edge Paperback – 17 May 2020

Ken S

Dave,
Here is a link to the listing on Amazon. It shows some paperbook versions still available. In the event that the book was not still available, you would have the protection of Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Knife-Deburring-Science-behind-lasting/dp/179626458X/ref=sr_1_1?crid=RU434J9YQVQX&keywords=knife+deburring+by+dr.+vadim+kraichuk&qid=1648345366&sprefix=knife+deb%2Caps%2C151&sr=8-1

Good luck.

Ken