News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

a good explanation of diamond wheel break in

Started by Ken S, October 03, 2021, 02:07:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Edge-Master

I just joined and have already posted as though I am an Edge-Master for real. Well, I am honored to have been permitted to join this group. I have been invested in "sharpening" for about 65 of my 75 years. I used to be active in the "Woodnet" hand tools sub forum and those folks assigned me the nickname "sharpening guru," and I taught a class on the Tormek T7 and freehand sharpening (I supplied jigs for those who asked for that option.) I still do sharpening for others. I often combine Tormek shaping and finishing on stones; waterstones and Arkansas. I have a large collection of stones, including DMT diamond plates. For all of these years, I have worked with steels, including having a forge. My father and his father were engineers associated with the steel industry and they passed on their expertise to me and I have kept up with the development of modern steels.

I do not claim to know everything, but if I see a topic in my "ballpark," I will usually try to be helpful. And, if I am wrong on something, I expect to be corrected.

Again, I really appreciate the opportunity to share information and learn here. My best regards to all, J.E. "Mike" Tobey III