News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Tormek T4 Diamond Wheels Now Available

Started by BeSharp, September 23, 2021, 04:03:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BeSharp

Some Tormek retailers have started selling the new Tormek 200mm diamond wheels - do an internet search. Still not available in Canada though 😠.

RichColvin

---------------------------
Rich Colvin
www.SharpeningHandbook.info - a reference guide for sharpening

You are born weak & frail, and you die weak & frail.  What you do between those is up to you.

Ken S

I happen to think the T4 and diamond wheels are a good match.

Originally, the extra power (200watts vs 120watts) of the Larger Tormeks was considered an advantage because you could put more pressure on the grinding wheel. with diamond wheels, they cut best and last longer when when used with light pressure.

While the increased longevity of the SG-250 may lower cost in the very long run, I doubt most of us would ever wear out a diamond wheel. Considering the cost difference between the 200 and 250 series of diamond wheels, the saving can be considerable. For those who are worried about the "expensive solvent", I calculate the cost of filling the T8 water trough at $.40 US or $.25 for the T4, neither of which should break the bank.

If you already have a T8, by all means stay with it. If you are still deciding, consider the benefits of the new diamond wheels.

Ken