News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

T 2000

Started by capt rich, July 13, 2021, 11:34:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

capt rich

I have a older T 2000 [ no serial number ], it does not have a micro adjust tool rest.  Want to replace it with the micro adjust rest. Understand the 105 will not fit the older models? I would like to replace it with the extended  model.  Also want to put on a horizontal base for the same rest. Trying to get it uniform.

Ken S

Rich,

If you have not done so already, you should register your T2000 on the tormek.com website. Although the warranty has expired, registering gives you access to downloading the latest edition of the handbook. I have downloaded it onto my ipad and have found it a very convenient reference. You will also find Tormek support an excellent reference. I have frequently emailed support (support@tormek.se). Please keep in mind that support is staffed on weekdays only. Support is free of charge and is one of the things which really separates Tormek from most companies.

The US-105 universal support fits all Tormek models with 250mm diameter grinding wheels (T2000, T7, T8). Just for reference, there is also a US-103, designed for the models with 200mm diameter grinding wheels (T1200, T3, T4). The US-430 has both a longer bar and longer legs. It is convenient for sharpening knives longer than 200mm and cleavers. I consider a support bar with microadjust essential. The longer US-430 is nice to have, although not essential for the majority of Tormek users.

Along with a support bar with microadjust, I consider a TT-50 truing essential. Tormek redesigned the TT-50 in 2019. If you are buying new, I would insist on the newer model.

The XB-100 adds horizontal sleeves to your T2000. Many years ago, the original XB-100 had only one locking screw. I bought one of these, not realizing the difference and thinking I had found a bargain. Hopefully the old stock has been depleted years ago. You definitely want the improved version with two locking screws. Here is a link from tormek.com to the mounting instructions:

https://www.tormek.com/media/104077/mounting_xb100_en.pdf

Enjoy your veteran Tormek!

Keep us posted.

Ken