News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Tormek SA-250 fault

Started by daveputtock, February 04, 2021, 11:23:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

daveputtock

I have an older Tormek SA-250 which the original owner never got working properly and now I see his problem. The drive is very poor, in fact you van easily stop the stone with your fingers,
I have cleaned the motor shaft and lightly abraded the rubber drive ring on the back of the leather wheel. It starts up ok but light pressure stops the wheels although the motor is still spining.
It would seem that the friction is purely the result of the motor weight pressing the shaft on to the rubber ring. Or am I missing something. I did wonder if there should be a spring or some sort of tensioner. Do I need to change the rubber ring? It hasn't worn but I dont know how hard it should be.
I don't want to give up as it has a complete set of accessories still in their boxes,
Can anyone suggest how I fix it ?
Dave

Ken S

Welcome to the forum, Dave.

Before replacing anything, I would email support (support@tormek.com). I have worked with them many times over the years; they are outstanding.

Keep us posted!

Ken