News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Laser Goniometer - Need Replacement

Started by RickKrung, May 12, 2020, 03:41:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jvh

Quote from: Arthur on November 18, 2020, 06:16:21 PM
Hands-free stand for LASER GONIOMETER VETAKO PRO

Hello,

interesting idea. Top plate is plastic, machined with a wood router?

Quote from: Hannsi1957 on November 19, 2020, 11:26:04 AM
So much work instead of using the model with magnets in.

Easy to say if you ignore differences between models and the reason why he chose Vetako Pro.  ;)

jvh

Arthur

Hello!
First of all, thanks to the forum participants RickKrung and jvh, whose valuable comments helped me choose VETAKO PRO. Works great :)

For Hannsi1957! I really appreciate your work to improve the TORMEK users. I am planning several purchases in your store.
On the remark above, I want to say that despite the presence of a magnet, the VETAKO MASTER model still needs to be held in the hand during measurements.
In my experience, the manufactured stand for VETAKO PRO protects the device and the knife from accidental damage and is easy to use.

For jvh! The top panel consists of three layers of different materials glued together.
Bottom layer of 3 mm aluminum with cut-out along the inner contour VETAKO PRO - for stability.
The middle layer of plastic 3 mm with a cutout along the inner contour VETAKO PRO - to protect the device from scratches.
Top layer made of 3 mm plastic with a cutout along the outer contour of VETAKO PRO - to keep the device stationary.

Hannsi1957

don't get me wrong arthur, that wasn't a criticism at all. i use the one with magnets and find it easy to use and since it has kept every knife clean so far, i don't see any need for such a design concept "for me". i didn't mean to criticize your wealth of ideas, on the contrary i am always surprised what ideas some people come up with.

jasonstone20

You can always make your own, I did and it works great.