News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

"Slick Stick" for CBN (and Diamond) wheels...

Started by cbwx34, August 17, 2020, 11:29:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cbwx34

Got this email today, thought it might interest some here...

https://woodturnerswonders.com/products/wonder-slick-stick

... the web page talks about CBN wheels... that it keeps them clean, but the container also indicates for diamond wheels.

Just thought I'd pass it along.
Knife Sharpening Angle Calculator:
Calcapp Calculator-works on any platform. New url!
(or Click HERE to see other calculators available)

Ken S

This is interesting, CB.

The information shared brings up more questions than answers. I can envision several potential uses for this product.
No mention is made by the vendor about using it with a Tormek.

If used with a Tormek, how would the dust generated compare with both wet and dry use of the same wheel?

How would this work with the Tormek DWF-200 and DWC-200 diamond wheels for the T2? (These predated the 250 series and must be used dry.) Would these wheels produce less dust using the Wonder Slick Stick?

As I write this, the CBN wheels on this vendor's site still insist on dry use only to maintain the warranty. Presumably the listings will soon change to include the new slick stick.

I would like to see some video showing the product with a T8 and T4.

I would be interested to see how this would work with a second grinding wheel mounted on "the dry side".

For the reasonable price, it would be worth having a tube on hand for drilling and the bandsaw.

Ken

thisguysharpens

I would love to see a video on this, describing the pros and cons.

I'll be keeping my eyes open for this or anything similar--good share!

(the name is pretty cool too haha)