News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

New to Forum

Started by RJB2222, August 10, 2020, 04:45:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RJB2222

Hello. I just ordered the T8 it will arrive sometime this week. I look forward to learning this tool and becoming proficient in its use.

Ken S

Welcome to the forum, RJB.

I trust you will enjoy your new Tormek. As you are unboxing it, be sure to write "SAVE" on the plastic spacer where the wheel will go. You will need that important part from time to time.

Also, be sure to register your Tormek online (tormek.com). This secures your warranty and gives you online access to the latest edition of the handbook.

Keep us posted!

Ken

RJB2222

Thank you Ken S good info.

John_B

Welcome to the forum. DO not hesitate to ask questions as you progress. I also suggest searching the forum's post as many of your potential questions have been covered in depth. Here is a link to some really well done training videos by Tormek. These are new releases and are very well done.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLGpQjduHna4DOfmVeoXe0J9J9dEEqU0UN
Sharpen the knife blade
Hone edge until perfection
Cut with joy and ease

RJB2222

Thank you John.JBC I have watched most of these and they are excellent. They clear up a lot of errors from Tormek owners that are currently on U-Tube about jig set up and how to keep your grind straight without belly. I do believe That these two points are crucial to proper sharpening. My goal is to learn the basics and eventually be able to grind proper bevels on my leather knives.   After all at my age my eyes are not what they used to be and the repeatability feature and the accuracy of angle of this system is what I am after.