News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

custom machine packages now available

Started by Ken S, August 02, 2020, 10:15:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken S

I just received this email announcement:

August 2, 2020
New: Tormek T-8 Custom - a "Bare" Machine ready to be customized with your choice of Stone or Diamond Wheel, Honing Wheel and Jigs (or just bare.) Available at Advanced Machinery -SharpToolsUSA in limited quantities next week. Plus, any accessory or jig purchased with the T-8 Custom is offered with a 10% discount in the month of August!

This is good news for anyone wanting to purchase a second Tormek without duplicating things like the TT-50, SE-77,
SG-250, or the handbook.

Ken

wderke

Thank you Ken.

Actually the Handbook is included, but it's the newest edition of the Handbook, 10.5 I think, so it will include the latest Tormek updates and releases. Also included are the current DVD and the WM-200, and, of course, Universal Support and Water trough, but everything else would have to be added, hence "Custom."

The August Tormek promotion gives 10% off any jigs or accessories ordered with the T-8 Custom, including the new CW-220 Composite Honing Wheel or any Tormek Stone or Diamond Wheel. It's a little complicated but I think we have it covered on our website - please let me know if we've missed something.

Wolfgang from Advanced Machinery

Ken S

Thanks for the clarification, Wolfgang. This reminds me of when I first contacted Advanced Machinery, years ago.My T7 had been stolen and I needed a stripped down replacement. Jeff Farris told me that the Derkes would do right by me. I've been a customer ever since.

For anyone wanting a second Tormek, saving the cost of a second grinding wheel, TT-50, SE-77, and handbook are substantial.

Ken

justonething

Is the custom configuration only for the US or is it globally available? It may be too late for me, I just took delivery of my 2nd Tormek.

Ken S

I suggest you email Tormek (info@tormek.se).

Ken

CarlKlefbom

Hello guys,

Glad to hear you have seen our new model Tormek T-8 Custom! This is a clean Tormek T-8 that comes without grinding wheel, honing wheel and accessories and it will be available this autumn globally, the exact dates may vary depending on the market.

Learn more about the Tormek T-8 Custom here: https://www.tormek.com/international/en/machine-models/tormek-t-8-custom/

Best regards
Carl
Marketing Communications Manager, Tormek

Ken S

Well done ad, Carl. I especially like your inclusion of the thoughts of three different sharpeners. It provides prospective users a good foundation for building their individualized Tormek systems.

Ken

jeffs55

You can use less of more but you cannot make more of less.

Ken S

Jeff,
For someone wanting a second Tormek and not needing the included accessories, that seems like a lot of firepower for a fair price.
Ken

jeffs55

Knowing how expensive Tormek is I would not have thought less than $500 and would not have been stunned if it was $600.
You can use less of more but you cannot make more of less.

BeSharp

I'm glad to see that Murphy's Law strikes again, I bought a T-8 package three days before this was announced 😠.

Agree its a fair price, Advance had quoted me $500 for the same stripped-down package that is now $439 from Tormek.