News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Your T-8 setup in the new Tanos Systainer3

Started by mblume, May 04, 2020, 04:43:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mblume

As I already filled my garage with Systainer boxes it was obvious that my first thought would be how to fit my T-8 into a Systainer. Well, before I had the time to find a shoehorn, Tanos presented the new series 3, which has a little bigger inside than the T-Loc.

So, with just a few small adjustments to the foam inserts, the accessories fitted into the Systainer3 M137

Fitting the actual T-8 was more of an challenge but as you can see everything found it's place (the stone is underneath the tray). Systainer3 M337

Complete stack!

Link to the Systianers:

https://www.kofferundschaum.de/de/systainer/systainer3/leer-systainer3/systainer3-m137.html
https://www.kofferundschaum.de/de/systainer/systainer3/leer-systainer3/systainer3-m337.html

Ken S

Welcome to the forum, Micael.

Interesting setup. One minor suggestion; you might want to use the spacer which came with your Tormek when storing it without the grinding wheel attached.It will keep your shaft from sliding.

Ken

mblume

Ken S

I learned that when my shaft almost landed on the floor...... :(

Ken

John_B

Quote from: Ken S on May 04, 2020, 05:54:06 PM
Welcome to the forum, Micael.

Interesting setup. One minor suggestion; you might want to use the spacer which came with your Tormek when storing it without the grinding wheel attached.It will keep your shaft from sliding.

Ken

For those that take things too literally; you need the locking nut as well.
Sharpen the knife blade
Hone edge until perfection
Cut with joy and ease

Ken S

Ornias

I never knew systainer... But those prices are gosh damn cheap... :O
(having worked with Peli and Makita boxes before that is)
SuperGrind 2000 owner (restoring) - Maintainer of SharpCalc - Modification Enthousiast

jeffs55

If you buy a Festool they will throw in a systainer for free! What you do with the Festool you don't need since you bought it solely for the systainer is up to you. I would suggest you IM me and maybe we can work something out.
You can use less of more but you cannot make more of less.