News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

reaction to online sharpening class#3

Started by Ken S, April 29, 2020, 04:48:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken S

I have been anticipating the online class number three covering grinding wheels, chisels and plane blades. I was not disappointed. As with sharpening, I feel each class in the series represents a more honed technique.

As with the two earlier classes, I learned things from the first watching. Like the SG, I will continue absorbing more knowledge with future watchings.

Chisels and plane blades have always been my first sharpening love. I feel Wolfgang did a thorough job of demonstrating sharpening and showing how to use the jig. I thought he gave a good introduction to cambering and wisely did not get bogged down in a more complete explanation. Cambering is an important subject, which deserves a full class in itself. That would be beyond the scope and purpose of this class.

I felt the part on grinding wheels was the most complete coverage that Tormek has ever done. It was most welcome and informative.

I look forward to more forum discussion.

Ken

Tool Junkie

Ken S

I just finished watching the online class number three for the second time. One of the pleasant surprises for me was how well Sebastien and Wolfgang were able to create a program which was both well suited to the beginner and offered many valuable tips for experienced users. Chisels are my favorite tools to sharpen. I have been sharpening them with the Tormek for ten years and on and off since 1962 with other methods. I learned a lot of subtle techniques from the video and will continue learning from future viewings.

I consider this video, and the other online classes not only must see, but must study.

Ken