News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

ADV-50D Diamond Truing Tool

Started by KevMel, July 31, 2005, 08:36:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KevMel

The manual shows that the truing tool has 3 diamond chips, yet the one I have only seems to have 2.  Is this a defective tool?  I've only used it a couple of times.  Also, when using it what is the best way to determine if the tool is set properly?  The manual states that it should only be .024 inches below the stone surface; I don't have a rule that measures that precisely.

Jeff Farris

There are dozens of diamonds in the bronze tip. As they dull and become ineffective, they slough off, the bronze wears and new diamonds are exposed.  At any point in time you might have from 2 to 6 chips exposed.

Rather than try to measure the depth of cut, set the diamond on the lowest point in the stone and set the stop against the cutter handle at that point, thus indexing the stop to the low point.  Then you can cut away the stone that is too high.
Jeff Farris