News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Live Sharpening Class - Gardening tools

Started by CarlKlefbom, June 04, 2020, 09:54:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CarlKlefbom

The summer is finally here (at least in Sweden)! Therefore we're now doing a special episode of our sharpening class, focusing on the gardening tools. Learn how to sharpen secateurs, lawnmower blades, a scythe, hedge shears, and other tools that you use in the garden! 🌳🌿

Date: Thursday, June 4
Time: 3.30 PM, Swedish time (CET)

Follow this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uj8P6O-qIYs

Ken S

Carl,
I think placing the online classes on Tormek's you tube channel has been a wise decision. I believe many more of us will actually end up watching the classes over the years on you tube. It also allows "refresher classes" at essentially no cost to Tormek's marketing budget AND classes done by trained, experienced Tormek staffers instead of "some random guy on you tube".
I hope the classes will continue. Both the Tormek and the Tormek users have the potential to be greater.
Ken

Tool Junkie

It was a good class today. I had wondered about sharpening my Friskars shears. They recommended taking the blades/handles apart.

I also saw a new trick; using the knob on the jig as a reference point for really steep angles.

Rod

John_B

I toook apart a pair of Fiskar garden shears that were heavly danaged and quite dull. I also saw that they hd worked loose so the blsdes did not come together properly.
Repeating the steps in the video I was able to put a good edge on them and remove the damage. After reassmbly and adjustment they gut like new.
Sharpen the knife blade
Hone edge until perfection
Cut with joy and ease

RichColvin

I've added this to the Sharpening Handbook:

https://www.sharpeninghandbook.info/indexBooksVideosWebSites.html

Thanks to Tormek for really fine work.

Kind regards,
Rich
---------------------------
Rich Colvin
www.SharpeningHandbook.info - a reference guide for sharpening

You are born weak & frail, and you die weak & frail.  What you do between those is up to you.

Ken S

Rich,

Your Sharpening Handbook becomes an increasingly valuable online reference. Thanks for your good work.

Ken

RichColvin

---------------------------
Rich Colvin
www.SharpeningHandbook.info - a reference guide for sharpening

You are born weak & frail, and you die weak & frail.  What you do between those is up to you.

Ken S

I enjoyed the gardening tool sharpening online class today. I am not a gardener and have not sharpened gardening tools with my Tormek. This class was all new knowledge for me.It is all too easy to get hung up in our everyday sharpening and forget how versatile the Tormek really is.

I hope these classes will continue; there is so much beneficial information to be learned.

Ken