News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

How would I sharpen a Veritas® Low-Angle Spokeshave?

Started by Wood1000, February 07, 2004, 10:03:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wood1000

How would I sharpen a Veritas® Low-Angle Spokeshave?

Jeff Farris

Page 49 of the Owner's Handbook (Version 7.1) shows the method for clamping a short spokeshave blade.  Clamp the very back edge of the blade, using a square to align the blade to the jig.
Jeff Farris

Wood1000

Jeff Farris

You can download all or any chapter of the newest version of the handbook at this url:  http://www.sharptoolsusa.com/handbook.php
Jeff Farris

Chris Maxwell

Like yourself, I have a veritas low angle spokeshave, as well as a Tormek.

In the instructions that came with the spokeshave, there are directions for making a tool holder so that you can hone the blade.  The holder was intended for hand honing; but I think that it will work just fine in the Tormek.  

Some things to check would be:  make sure the holding jig is thin enough to fit between the clamps (may have to make it thinner than veritas suggests), watch the placement of the wingnuts and make sure that the head of the screws (opposite the wingnuts) are countersunk so as to not hit the tormek stone.

Let me know how you make out.

Chris Maxwell
Middleville, NY