News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

FVB Order with KnifeGrinders

Started by Jeff_Coates, December 24, 2019, 06:43:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff_Coates

Hi all!

I have a few questions about Knife Grinders & the FVB I hope people can help me out.

1. I ordered a FVB on 12/02/19. I have received no confirmation or contact. Is that normal? I am in no way trying to say anything negative about Wootz or Knife Grinders, just wondering if my payment got sucked into the black hole of internet transactions.

2. I downloaded the FVB app. It requires a code to use it. Is that code provided with the product?

Thanks so much for all the great info the for members provide!  Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays to all!!

van

Hello,
Very strange, Vadim is a very correct and reliable person.
Have you tried sending a direct email?
I believe the code is emailed to you before downloading the application
Kindly yours

Josu V

Hi Jeff!

Don´t worry fo r this. Be patient
Vadim is involved in an important project and he is very busy, but he is a very responsible person.
I ordered one of his products the same day ... and I´ll received the next week. (some more days than normally)

All the questions about the app will be resolve by him. (The code is provided with the product)

Regards
Abusus non tollit usum

cbwx34

He posted this video yesterday....

https://youtu.be/RuIiiJeaDns

... in the comments he noted he has a backlog of 150 orders.  :o

When he mails it, you'll get an email with the tracking #, and the app code.

Quote from: KnfegrindersWe have quite a backlog of orders ATM, over 150 pending. I've hired double the helping hands, but still... Just asking everyone for some patience. As soon as shipped, you will be emailed tracking info. The majority of orders should be shipped within 10 days.
Knife Sharpening Angle Calculator:
Calcapp Calculator-works on any platform.
(or Click HERE to see other calculators available)

Georgie

When I see the care and attention paid to each of his custom products (per the aforesaid YT video. I feel its worth the wait. Place an order about a week back, got an acknowledging email from them, not necessarily referencing the order itself but at least a reply. Just realized that I need a few more items I might as well place the order so it can be shipped out together.

Georgie

Ken S

Georgie,
To quote a former US President, "I feel your pain". I placed an order with Knife Grinders several days ago for a strop. I have not yet received a confirmation. I am not worried. I have known Vadim for several years and have complete faith in him. His business is growing.
Ken

Vstrom USA

Good to know that I'm not the only one, not that I was worried.  I placed my order on Jan 2nd and soon received an email from Vadim requesting my phone # for shipping documentation.  We exchanged a couple emails where I thanked him for all he does both here on the forum and the YT videos.  He stated that he hoped to ship my FVB in 4 days to which I told him no hurry, I had heard he was backed up.  Well it's been more than 4 days, but I am not worried.  He has an outstanding reputation.  If anyone else did this to me....I might worry a bit. 

Georgie

Ken!

I see we continue to share similar experiences...lol.  My order was for a Kanga Tail strop as well!  Figured there could be a delay in restocking those with all that's been going on in Oz. Ordered an FCB as well. Been exchanging emails with Wolfgang this past week. Xmas is a bit late but I finally have time.

George E.

Ken S

No one has mentioned a most logicalreason for slow delivery from Australia, ongoing epic fires.
Ken

Georgie

Indeed Ken, that's why I mentioned "all that been going on in Oz" relative to the Strops. 'Roo hunting is regulated, requires a licensed hunter for commercial purposes. Depending on where KG's guy hunts It wouldn't surprise me if they have to evaluate the impact on local wildlife populations before they reissue new permits. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if I get a notice that my strop is backordered. Geo.

Ken S

This may help to explain some of the delay from Knife Grinders:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-50992323

Our thoughts and prayers are with all of our brother members in Australia.

Stay safe.

Ken

Hannsi1957

Hi all,

it needs bit longer then normal to get the items from Vadim but as Ken saying have faith because Vadim is a real honest bussinesman.

cheers Hanns

Vstrom USA

Ken S

My strop was scheduled to leave Australia on Tuesday, the 28th.    :)

Ken

Bubblehead1203

Mine took a few weeks but he sent an e-mail the day he shipped along with the code to unlock the software. It's Australia, it takes a while. Total time was three weeks.