News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Concaving my knife

Started by Brad5094, November 10, 2019, 02:53:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brad5094

I just got my new Tormek grinder and stated with my small Santoku knife , I have tried over and over to sharpen it but I keep creating a concave in the center of the blade even when I concentrate on my technique, what am I doing wrong

cbwx34

Quote from: Brad5094 on November 10, 2019, 02:53:52 AM
I just got my new Tormek grinder and stated with my small Santoku knife , I have tried over and over to sharpen it but I keep creating a concave in the center of the blade even when I concentrate on my technique, what am I doing wrong

See if this thread helps....

https://forum.tormek.com/index.php?topic=3055
Knife Sharpening Angle Calculator:
Calcapp Calculator-works on any platform.
(or Click HERE to see other calculators available)

Ken S

CB,

An excellent thread reference; well worth studying for several reasons. I especially like that it shows Wootz' method of succeeding, focused, hard work. No one leaves the womb as an expert sharpener. I live in hope that we will someday see the advanced knife sharpening video mentioned by Tormek.

Ken

Brad5094

Thanks for the link , some good info , the unilateral direction seemed to make the best sense , I'll start there 👍