News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

ice auger blades

Started by Tianaz, October 17, 2019, 12:24:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tianaz

Is there anyone in the Omaha area who can sharpen auger blades? When we use to go to Minnesota, you could find places to trade you old ones plus $10 and get a nice used sharp set. I have three duller like this https://under-the-open-sky.com/best-ice-augers than dull on dulls dullest day sets, and would like them sharp.

Jan

Tianaz, welcome to the forum! For a Tormeker equipped with Scissors jig or the Tool rest it will be an easy task to sharpen your ice auger blades. I am over the pond, in Europe, so I cannot do it for you.

Jan

RickKrung

Quote from: Jan on October 17, 2019, 03:01:19 PM
Tianaz, welcome to the forum! For a Tormeker equipped with Scissors jig or the Tool rest it will be an easy task to sharpen your ice auger blades. I am over the pond, in Europe, so I cannot do it for you.

Jan

I am interested in how this might be done.  I have a friend who asked me if I could sharpen ice auger bits and I told him that I thought so, but would have to see the bits to figure out how. 

Tianaz, do you have a Tormek to use for this, or are you looking for actually looking for someone to
do it for you?
Rick
Quality is like buying oats.  If you want nice, clean, fresh oats, you must pay a fair price. However, if you can be satisfied with oats that have already been through the horse, that comes at a lower price.

Even

I have sharpened many ice auger blandes, but i live in Norway so i cant help you.
For the Mora Ice augers i use the knife jig, and grind a 17,5 degrees with a 30 degrees Micro bevel.

Even

Even

Forgot to attach the image.

Ken S

Well done, Even. A most informative post.

Ken