News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Alan Holtham video a definite bookmark.

Started by Ken S, June 04, 2019, 10:02:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken S

I received a PM from a new member whose shaft had accidentally shifted. This can be unsettling the first time it occurs. With experience, changing the shaft for annual maintenance is no big deal. Keep this Alan Holtham you tube handy for reference:

https://youtu.be/IX96a9WoAJE

I suggest marking Alan's you tube channel. His Tormek videos are first-rate.

Ken

Antz

"But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ."
‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭15:57‬ ‭

Ken S

I have never been entirely practical about things Tormek. My 2009 T7 was made just before the EZYlock became the standard shaft. My T7 had a regular shaft made of stainless steel. This shaft would have performed flawlessly long after I was history. However, I wanted to stay up to date, and purchased both the EZYlock and the Advanced Water Trough.

Installing the EZYlock was a real learning experience for me. This was before Alan's video. It was also before any written instructions. Installation took around fifteen minutes, much longer than it should have. It was my first look at the inner workings of my Tormek. I was fascinated to discover what a simple machine the Tormek is. It is well designed and a quality built machine. It is also ingeniously simple. Changing out my shaft left me with a deeper appreciation for my Tormek.

Ken

RichColvin

---------------------------
Rich Colvin
www.SharpeningHandbook.info - a reference guide for sharpening

You are born weak & frail, and you die weak & frail.  What you do between those is up to you.