News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Cyclone knife

Started by Antz, June 25, 2019, 09:32:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Antz

I have a question. How would any of you go about sharpening a knife like this. I saw it on amazon and it got me thinking about what I would do if by chance I ever ran into one of these.

Thanks,
Antz
"But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ."
‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭15:57‬ ‭

mat450

Sometime ago a friend asked me the exact same question, to which I said 'no idea"

John_B

I wonder how it would get dull? You would need to do a lot of stabbing to wear the edges.

I think this is almost a novelty item. My hunting/survival knife is a SOG Seal Pup. I think if I ever had to stab something it would do the job plus a multitude of other things.

https://www.amazon.com/SOG-M37N-CP-Powder-Compatible-Sheath/dp/B00007E1M2
Sharpen the knife blade
Hone edge until perfection
Cut with joy and ease

Antz

Mat,

That was my exact thoughts as well "I have no idea".

John,

I believe you are right about it just being a novelty item. How would it get dull is a good point. That's an awful lot of stabbing. Reminds me of when I found "nuclear duct tape" for almost 100$ a roll. I mean who does that much stabbing with a cyclone knife to dull it and who needs nuclear tape for their home made reactors? Also if you need duct tape on a nuclear reactor you have bigger issues. I know the connection is a stretch, but I digress...

Antz
"But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ."
‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭15:57‬ ‭