News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Probable new 400 bar T-universal run

Started by van, May 09, 2019, 04:45:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

troflog

So it will be impossibel to get in Norway? Maybe I have to take the 4 hour drive to Tormek factory.

Ken S

Since Norway borders Sweden, I would think you would be able to purchase one before I can in the US, an ocean away.
I suggest that you email support (support@tormek.se)  and alert them to your interest.

Ken

Ken S

I received this email from Håkan Persson, Tormek CEO, this morning:

Hi Ken,
We have decided that the upgraded US-400 will be named US-430. It will be available in August or September through all Tormek dealers.
Thanks for your support. Feel free to communicate if you like.
Best Regards Hakan

Håkan Persson
VD
CEO

Torm

van

Quote from: Ken S on May 23, 2019, 03:24:44 PM
I received this email from Håkan Persson, Tormek CEO, this morning:

Hi Ken,
We have decided that the upgraded US-400 will be named US-430. It will be available in August or September through all Tormek dealers.
Thanks for your support. Feel free to communicate if you like.
Best Regards Hakan

Håkan Persson
VD
CEO

Torm
Hi Ken,
great news, we finally managed to make something happen.
Hope is the last to die. ;)
Kindly yours

Josu V

Quote from: van on May 23, 2019, 04:31:39 PM

Hi Ken,
great news, we finally managed to make something happen.
Hope is the last to die. ;)

Good news.
Really good idea to contact with Tormek.

"Speaking the people understand"

Abusus non tollit usum

jeffs55

"Van" appears to be the man of the hour. I am pretty sure that others have asked for this fixture but his was the final straw in having it come to fruition, or so it seems. Don't know if I will buy one as my cleaving need is pretty nonexistent but I do have a couple of long knives.
You can use less of more but you cannot make more of less.

Antz

Thanks Van and Ken for getting tormek to start production of the new US-430. Is there a way to "pre-order" one? I would hate to miss the boat on it if it's a limited time production!

Antz
"But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ."
‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭15:57‬ ‭

Ken S

Antz,

The correct designation for the redesigned US-400 is the US-430. (US meaning Universal Support).
I don't know about pre ordering.
It should be available through any Tormek dealer, including your local dealer in Honolulu.
From personal correspondence, I know that Advanced Machinery in Delaware (advmachinery.com) will be very involved with selling it. Depending on comparative shipping costs and the importance of early delivery, I would recommend either your local dealer or contacting Wolfgang Derke at Advanced.

If you opt for Advanced Machinery, they are the primary North American Tormek parts source. If you are planning to order any Tormek parts, I would suggest putting everything in one order to save on shipping.

Ken

Josu V

This thread has any months... but, any news about New US-430?

Regards  :)
Abusus non tollit usum

Ken S

Roger M.

I wonder if these are going to go out to all the major distributors, in all the countries Tormek distributes in?
To date, I've only been able to see reference to it on the Advanced web site.

Ken S

At this point, according to the Advanced ad, it's a preorder. I suggest you contact your local dealer. The Tormek accessory designation is US-430.

Ken

GeoTech

I ordered mine with Wolfgang, don't want to miss out if Tormek decides once and done.

Josu V

I have ask the same day that US-430 goes on sales  ;D ;D ;D
I just send a mail to Tormek and there is the answer:

"Hi Josu,

Thank you for your question.

We just released it today so it's not out in the stores yet. But if you contact our Spanish reseller Commercial Pazos he could order it for you.

https://www.comercialpazos.com/

Here is some short info about it.

"Universal Support Extended
Extended Universal Support for sharpening long tools, such as long knives,
cleavers and machetes. Micro adjust with scale for precise setting of edge angle
and cutting depth.
Fits Tormek T-8/T-7/T-4/T-3 and older Tormek models. Length:
436 mm. Height: 212 mm" "

Abusus non tollit usum

Josu V

Quote from: Ken S on September 18, 2019, 10:22:16 PM
At this point, according to the Advanced ad, it's a preorder. I suggest you contact your local dealer. The Tormek accessory designation is US-430.

Ken

Exactly
Abusus non tollit usum