News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

BEWARE SUSPICIOUS EBAY TORMEK LISTINGS

Started by Ken S, April 18, 2019, 04:14:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken S

I did not intend to start a conversation about international trade problems. I just wanted to alert our members about a scam on ebay. I also notified Tormek and Knife Grinders. The offending listings were quickly removed.

Ken

Twisted Trees

No issues as far as I am concerned, though I was a bit disappointed nobody fell off their chair at my last paragraph...

It is rumored that of the 50 MIG fighters Russia sold to the Chinese in the 1950's despite never ordering service parts 300 of them are still airworthy!!!

bottom line is there is no regard for patent or copyright in China, items that are made to high engineering of quality materials are very vulnerable to counterfeit goods, if it looks to good to be true, it probably isn't true.

I, like all, have time and money restrictions, but when it comes to tools, I would rather pay a few £ extra and get trusted tools from a trusted dealer where I can go see touch and sometimes even try tools rather than buy online where I may save money and time in the short term, but when the tool shops close we all lose in the long run.

RichColvin

Twisted Trees Pete,

I heard once that a certain brand of Scotch Whisky sold more bottles in Mumbai than they filled !

I'm like you:  trusted parts from trusted sources are worth the extra cost.

Kind regards,
Rich
---------------------------
Rich Colvin
www.SharpeningHandbook.info - a reference guide for sharpening

You are born weak & frail, and you die weak & frail.  What you do between those is up to you.