News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

SVP-80

Started by Bob A, January 02, 2019, 04:02:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob A

I use 24mm pin  Euro inserts on my shaper/spindle moulder and wish to keep them sharp.  This is a pricey jig and I'd like to assure it's efficacy before buying. Does it do a respectable job better than hand lapping on a stone?  Also I have a 2000 Super Grind and will it work with this machine? I assume i'd need to also purchase the horizontal support base.

Ken S

Welcome to the forum, Bob. I can answer one of your questions. Any of the jigs will work with the 2000 SuperGrind.

In case you have not found this on the main Tormek website, showing the documentation and a short video:

https://www.tormek.com/usa/en/grinding-jigs/svp-80-moulding-knife-attachment/

To be honest, I have never even seen one of these jigs. I also am unaware of anyone on the forum using one. It is a very specialized tool. I suggest you contact support (support@tormek.se).

The other suggestion I would offer is to verify that the dealer will accept a return if you are not happy. Amazon has a thirty day return policy. If, by chance, it should not meet your expectations, I believe the return shipping is free. (verify this)

It looks like you will need the XB-100 horizontal support base. Make sure you get the improved model with locking screws on both sleeves. For consistent results, I recommend you keep your grinding wheel trued. Unless you are skilled with the older truing tool, I recommend the improved model, the TT-50.

Good luck and please keep us posted.

Ken