News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

possible portable Tormek stand

Started by Ken S, December 02, 2018, 12:41:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken S

This seems like an interesting idea for a portable Tormek stand:

https://www.woodstore.net/Collapsible-Grill-Table-p/gr-01191.htm

Sorry, not much detail.

Ken

AKMike

This might work even better. Plastic, so no worries about spilled water, adjustable height legs, easily carried. I bought one a few years ago at Costco, but I don't know if they still carry it. Also available cheaper without the adjusting legs.

https://www.amazon.com/Keter-Folding-Workbench-Sawhorse-Capacity/dp/B00JU6SFP2/ref=asc_df_B001CWX26Y/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=167135477708&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=7674727276189681887&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9033848&hvtargid=pla-466445506792&th=1

Mike

Ken S

Interesting, Mike.

The design seems clever and practical to me. I would opt for the adjustable legs. The reviewers give it a mixed bag. Amazon gives a thirty day full return on items. In my opinion, that makes it a safe bet.

Plus, it looks like it could have multiple uses around the home and shop.

Good find.

Ken

PS I have been concerned about you recently with the earthquakes in Alaska. I trust all is well with you.

AKMike

It was a pretty good shake, but aside from the mess of stuff falling off of shelves, no real damage. Anchorage came through pretty well, the worst injury I have heard of was a broken arm, and some people cut by flying glass, but no fatalities. I was here for the big one (Magnitude 9.2) in 1964 - that one was like huge, slow ocean waves and this one was like having a freight train speeding by outside the window.

Mike

Jeff Thurwatcher

I use a hospital bedside stand. Has 3 plastic drawers and on casters. Cheap and works for me.

Ken S

Jeff,

"Cheap and works for me". I like that, very practical.

Ken

RichColvin

---------------------------
Rich Colvin
www.SharpeningHandbook.info - a reference guide for sharpening

You are born weak & frail, and you die weak & frail.  What you do between those is up to you.

cbwx34

Knife Sharpening Angle Calculator:
Calcapp Calculator-works on any platform.
(or Click HERE to see other calculators available)