News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

good new Tormek video

Started by Ken S, November 29, 2018, 05:10:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken S

A friend sent me a link to this video. I found it well worth watching. It really describes the purpose of the Tormek.
Enjoy!
Ken

https://youtu.be/o-HWaG6niy8

RickKrung

Nice video.  I want to send the link to a pattern maker friend who teaches pattern making.  His shop looks a lot like the one in the video. 

Following that one on YT was this one, showing sharpening a chisel, turning tools and a knife.  Who is that Curmudgeon who check things out starting about 7:06?  Or Master Moderator?  The video shows the trick or running the Micro-Adjust up the USB using the honing wheel at 8:03 and a good demonstration of lifting at about 8:55.  He shows the utility of the Rotating Base on several occasions. 

Syndey Working with Wood Show

Following that on the YT feed was this one by a professional knife sharpener.  He shows sharpening a convex edge and pivoting for the curve/tip.   Near the end when he is showing how he checks for residual burr by running his thumb over the edge.  I think if I did that, I'd get cut.

Knife Sharpening USA

Rick
Quality is like buying oats.  If you want nice, clean, fresh oats, you must pay a fair price. However, if you can be satisfied with oats that have already been through the horse, that comes at a lower price.

marie

I had the intentions of posting the link to the video yesterday, but got caught with other tasks. Thank you Ken for posting it. I hope you all will enjoy this new film featuring Peter Sefton.

Kindest regards,
Marie - Marketing Communications Manager

Ken S

You are always most welcome, Marie. Amid the day to day concerns of sharpening, it is good to be reminded by a dedicated teacher of what sets Tormek apart for woodworkers.

Ken