News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Can T-8 Sharpen Bird's Beak Peeling Knife

Started by Heli_Guy, September 28, 2018, 11:39:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heli_Guy

Hello,
Can T-8 sharpen Bird's Beak Peeling Knife?
If so what technique works with such a concaved blade?

Ken S

Here is a link. Steve Bottorff is a real deal knife sharpening expert and has kindly been my knife sharpening mentor.

https://youtu.be/KrhZULmd18g

Ken

Heli_Guy

That's a fantastic explanation.
My intuition told me that would be the required technique, but I was concerned this would not be advisable for due to corner wear and tear on the stone.

Thank you.

Ken S

Guy,

I think you still have the very common "precious Tormek grinding wheel syndrome". I have come to consider Tormek grinding wheels as long term consumables, like brake shoes. They are both expensive, but give long service. No shame, things just wear out.

Ken

RichColvin

Guy,

Don't feel bad :  I had PTGWS for years.  Ken healed me.

Kind regards,
Rich
---------------------------
Rich Colvin
www.SharpeningHandbook.info - a reference guide for sharpening

You are born weak & frail, and you die weak & frail.  What you do between those is up to you.

Ken S

Touché, Rich. I must confess to having had a bad case, also. That's why I recognize the symptoms. It took several years to recover.

Welcome to the club, Guy.

Ken

jeffs55

I have a cheap birds beak knife that is totally dull so I do not use it. Maybe now I can plus sharpen the curve on my boning knives. In reality, is there even a use for these curves?
You can use less of more but you cannot make more of less.