News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Must have inexpensive accessory for the new diamond wheels

Started by Ken S, June 21, 2018, 02:55:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken S

Using the new Anti Corrosion Compound (ACC) requires measuring small amounts of ACC. My suggestion is to use an inexpensive combination graduate and spoon for children's medicine. They have a capacity of 10 milliliters and are graduares in easy to read units of 1 milliliter. (also 1/4 teaspoons). It does the job well at very little cost. It should be readily at any pharmacy or the baby department of  a grocery store.

Ken

Grizz

that would work fine for a small batch, but I was thinking of making a gallon at a time.

Ken S

Grizz,

You think bigger than I do! Larger quantities probably make sense, especially if you are using the larger pre T8 water trough and/ir the side grit.

For larger quantities, the dosage cup of liquid cold medicine is often graduates in 15 and 30ml quantities. I keep several of them, too. For the minimal investment involved, I would have both sizes on hand.

A gallon container can be clumsy to pour from. I would at least add a middle step of a smaller graduate of plastic jar with graduation marks.

Ken

jeffs55

A gallon container can be clumsy to pour from.
Could you use a washed out milk jug to mix and store in?
You can use less of more but you cannot make more of less.

cbwx34

Quote from: Grizz on June 21, 2018, 04:10:59 AM
that would work fine for a small batch, but I was thinking of making a gallon at a time.

I would think, based on Ken's earlier post... a gallon might be a bit much?  Depends on how much sharpening you do of course, but if approx. 1/2 cup is all that is needed... you may not need that much?

Is there a chemist in the fold?  I know it's been asked before, but there doesn't seem to be much info on how long a mixture will last... does it lose its effectiveness over time, does it make water more (or less) prone to "growing" things, etc.

Also, Ken, wondering if your bottle is marked like it shows on the website? 

Might be all that is needed to "measure" the concentrate... may just need an appropriate size container to measure the water/mixture.  (I'm thinking it doesn't have to be that "exact".)  Maybe the bottle cap itself will work?
Knife Sharpening Angle Calculator:
Calcapp Calculator-works on any platform.
(or Click HERE to see other calculators available)