News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Meet a new Tormek Friend - Professional Chef Jimmi Eriksson

Started by marie, April 19, 2018, 03:04:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marie

Hello everyone,

Just want to share with you all that we have a new Tormek Friend to introduce! Jimmi Eriksson is an award-winning chef and part of the Swedish Culinary Team. He has cooked for the Nobel Banquet and is now preparing for the Culinary Olympics with the rest of the team. Too watch the film, please see https://www.tormek.com/international/en/about-tormek/news-archive/tormek-visit-professional-chef-jimmi-eriksson/

Kind regards,
Marie Jakobsson - Marketing Manager, Tormek

Ken S

Hello, Marie.

Thank you for posting a very interesting video. I must confess that ever since my viking ancestors settled in England my family's fluency in Swedish has declined. I would really like to understand what Jimmi is saying; would it be possible to add subtitles or voice overdubbing in English and other languages for the non Swedish speakers among the Tormek community?

best regards,

Ken

ps I am looking forward to the upcoming hnting knife video. I would make the same language request for it. :)

marie

Hi Ken,

English subtitles are available and should be playing automatically. Apparently they don't :) I will have a look at it, thank you for bringing it to my attention. However, you can activate subtitles manually by clicking the "CC" in the lower right corner of the media player. Let me know if it works, thank you.

Kind regards,
Marie

Ken S

Ah ha! Marie, you have solved the case. I pushed the CC button along the bottom and, presto, English subtitles!

I guess this old dog can learn new tricks.

Thank you. I will enjoy the video!

Ken

Ken S

I enjoyed the video very much. Thank you Marie, the English subtitles really helped. Also, I liked the dark box around the lettering; it made it so much easier to see.

It is a fine addition to the Tormek Friends  series, although the warm humor of Per the fisherman remains my favorite.  For those of you who have not watched the Tormek Friends videos, you are missing a treat.

Ken

marie

Hi Ken,

Glad you were able to activate the subtitles and enjoy the video :)
Thanks for your positive feedback, appreciate it!

Enjoy your weekend!
Kind regards,
Marie