News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Do you know the EA-240?

Started by Sharpco, February 19, 2018, 12:30:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cbwx34

Quote from: SHARPCO on February 19, 2018, 12:30:41 PM
https://www.tooloutlet.fi/fi/Tuotteet/S%C3%A4hk%C3%B6ty%C3%B6kalut/Tahkot/Tormek+tarvikkeet/626/Kiillotuslaikka+kumia+Tormek+EA-240/5735

What do you think about using it instead of a leather wheel?

Love Google Translate...

Kiillotuslaikka kumia Tormek EA-240
Polishing wheel made of rubber Tormek EA-240

... but no idea on how it would work.  I suspect it would be like the wheel on the T-2... more for burr removal than polish... and may not be as effective.
Knife Sharpening Angle Calculator:
Calcapp Calculator-works on any platform.
(or Click HERE to see other calculators available)

Dutchman

you have to glue a leather belt on it  8)

Ken S

Is the EA-240 still available? I have not seen it listed in any Tormek literature or the website since I purchased my first T7 in 2009. I first became aware of it in a very early edition of the handbook (with the yellow cover).

The EA-240 was introduced at the same time as the present quick connect to secure the leather honng wheel onto the shaft. Prior to that, the honng wheel was attached with a standard nut. From the description, I thought it was designed more for heavy deburring than polishing.

If, by chance, it is still available in the US, I would order one. It fits the larger size SuperGrind, T7 and T8, and looks like a useful tool, different than the leather honng wheel.

Ken

RichColvin

Ken,

You should open the North America museum for Tormek.  I'm sure someone would donate an axe jig so that you would have every option for the Tormek. 

Glad to have you moderating.   You have quite the background for answering many questions.

Rich
---------------------------
Rich Colvin
www.SharpeningHandbook.info - a reference guide for sharpening

You are born weak & frail, and you die weak & frail.  What you do between those is up to you.

Ken S

Rich,

Please, no axe jigs!  :)  I don't have (or want) an axe........What I really need is more space. (or a second Tormek Work Station. It's amazing how quickly the first one filled up.)

Ken

Elden

Note to brain: watch auctions for a hatchet for Ken, might even check the shop to be sure there isn't a double in the shop. ;)
Elden

Ken S

Thanks for the thought, Elden, however, I would prefer to pass. I really don't have an axe.

Ken

Stickan

Hi all,
For info, the EA-240 is a discontinued product and has been for over ten years.This web-dealer had got hold on one of our warranty wheels. We normally have spares so it last for 20 years. They will remove this article from their website.
We found that leather and compound was a better solution than this composite wheel as the edge got sharper and less problems with rounding the edge.

Sincerely,
Stig

Ken S

Thanks for the information, Stig. The description in the early handbook edition looked intruiging, however, it has apparently been eclipsed by the leather honing wheel.

Ken