News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Tilted collar of knife jig

Started by Sharpco, January 29, 2018, 05:35:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cbwx34

Quote from: Ken S on March 16, 2018, 06:40:11 PM
Tom,

This topic is a little heated, which is very rare for this forum. We are a group of civil, helpful people who take sharpening very seriously. I believe you have already met Stig, the head of Tormek support. This situation with the knife jig will be resolved. I have complete confidence that oir ship will soon be restored to an even keel. We have no prima donnas here; we work as a team to solve problems.

Ken

Huh.  I had to go skim thru this thread... I'd barely call it "spirited". :D  8)

Quote from: Ken S on March 16, 2018, 04:43:21 PM
CB,

I thought so, too. However, Stig sent me an email requesting that I delete the reply as it was not the issue and it would cause confusion. I know and respect Stig enough to know that his request was honest.

Due to the shipping distances involved, fully resolving this may take some time. I have no doubt that it will be resolved.

Ken

Ah... cool.  8)
Knife Sharpening Angle Calculator:
Calcapp Calculator-works on any platform.
(or Click HERE to see other calculators available)

wootz

Quote from: Stickan on March 16, 2018, 08:56:47 AM
Quote from: wootz on March 16, 2018, 04:26:28 AM
Guys, I apologies for my tone in my last post.

I do love Tormek, and trust its quality, like a son trusts his father.
And like when a son finds out his father is not ideal, I had sort of a childish reaction, that I am now ashamed of.

I actually bought 2 new jigs, and one is fine, and works perfectly well, but the other has the skewed adjustable stop that doesn't hold, it is lighter in weight, and dimensions are slightly different.
I therefore think this different jig is either a defective production batch or counterfeit.

Hi,
Happy to read that it was one jig that was faulty.
No one is to blame but us if something is of bad quality. Our quality checks normally prevent this but items can sometimes pass inspection without we notice that it has quality issues. Things like this always make us better.
I have sent you an email and also made our Importer in Australia aware of this so you get a jig that is as it should be.
Sincerely,
Stig

This funny knife jig has been sent to Promac to forward to Tormek for inspection.
Thank you Stig for intervention.

Ken S

This intervention is exactly what I have come to expect from Tormek. I have never known support to give anything except stellar service.

Please post the final conclusion.

Ken