News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

sharpening ski edges

Started by Mlehmannireland@yahoo.com, January 22, 2018, 10:03:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mlehmannireland@yahoo.com

As I am a proud owner of a T3 I wonder if there is a better way of doing the ski edges of my GS-skis than by hand.

This would require the possibility of setting a defined angle between 95 - 88 degree and grinding and honing the edges evenly over the full ski length.

I currently own the following extras:
SVD-186
SVS-50
WM-200
TTS-100

Does someone of you found a way to achive that and sharpened his edges successfully?

Kind regards
Martin

Ken S

Welcome to the forum, Martin.

I would like to offer a helpful solution, however, I know nothing about skis. The best I can offer is good wishes and hope that some of the other members can offer advice.

Ken

cbwx34

Never have sharpened skis... so this would be pure speculation.  ???

I wonder if a wider version of the Homemade Knife Rest, would do the trick?  (Wider, to help hold the ski).

Only other thought... I'd grade the stone "fine", and round the edges of the wheel, so if the  ski tipped, it wouldn't gouge the edge.

From what I read this a.m., the final honing may best be done by hand?

And find a 'cheap' ski to practice on.   :o

(Like I said, just speculating). ;)
Knife Sharpening Angle Calculator:
Calcapp Calculator-works on any platform. New url!
(or Click HERE to see other calculators available)

Stickan

Hi,
I would purchase equipment thats already in the market for this. I do both downhill and cross county and have some knowledge about it and It would be hard to get tip and heel of the skies sharpened correctly.

Sincerely,
Stig

cbwx34

Knife Sharpening Angle Calculator:
Calcapp Calculator-works on any platform. New url!
(or Click HERE to see other calculators available)

Mlehmannireland@yahoo.com

Thank you guys for your effort! Proofes not to be trivial. I thought following the claim ... for all sharpening needs..

I looked at the knife rest, but it,s important to set a defined angle. I think it's just not to be set by eyesight surely. With my hand tool it's set to 88 degree.

Probably doesn't matter but actually I own a t4 not a t3