News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

video that CB sent me

Started by Ken S, January 15, 2018, 04:55:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken S

CB sent me this instagram covering using the BGM _100 with a dry grinder and CBN wheel. It clearly demonstrates the process.

This procedure obviously works. However, my personal preference is to use the 180 grit CBN wheel directly in the Tormek. If I did not own a Tormek, I would go the BGM route. It provides the consistency and repeatability of the Tormek jigs, insuring that a minimum of steel is removed in sharpening.

Thanks, CB.

Ken

https://www.instagram.com/p/BZ4zghsHdyZ/

cbwx34

Quote from: Ken S on January 15, 2018, 04:55:49 PM
CB sent me this instagram covering using the BGM _100 with a dry grinder and CBN wheel. It clearly demonstrates the process.

This procedure obviously works. However, my personal preference is to use the 180 grit CBN wheel directly in the Tormek. If I did not own a Tormek, I would go the BGM route. It provides the consistency and repeatability of the Tormek jigs, insuring that a minimum of steel is removed in sharpening.

Thanks, CB.

Ken

https://www.instagram.com/p/BZ4zghsHdyZ/

You're welcome... not my area of expertise, but thought it was a decent quick little video that looked like it showed it well.
Knife Sharpening Angle Calculator:
Calcapp Calculator-works on any platform.
(or Click HERE to see other calculators available)

Ken S

I am pleased to know that I am not the only forum member looking around the Internet for new information.
Good find, CB.

Ken

RichColvin

I use my BGM-100 often for

• shaping tools, especially new bowl gouges, and
  • sharpening tools that don't sharpen well on the standard Tormek wheels (like carbide-tipped metal lathe tools)

It works marvelously for those things, and using the standard Tormek jigs is a real benefit.

Rich
---------------------------
Rich Colvin
www.SharpeningHandbook.info - a reference guide for sharpening

You are born weak & frail, and you die weak & frail.  What you do between those is up to you.

RichColvin

Ken,

I subscribe on Instagram to posts by alexanderdesigns814.  He does great work, and I've always heard that we should listen to those who make great products over those who talk about it. 

Rich
---------------------------
Rich Colvin
www.SharpeningHandbook.info - a reference guide for sharpening

You are born weak & frail, and you die weak & frail.  What you do between those is up to you.