News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Leather Honing Wheel on the T8

Started by ericclement17, November 22, 2017, 07:47:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ericclement17

I have a question, I have a belt grinder with a ton of leather belts that I use to sharpen serrated knives, and I am sure it can be done, does anyone have any experience using the leather wheel to sharpen serrated knives, and any tips, or even better videos that show your technique? 

Also, not really a "tormek" question, but for those that do use the leather wheel to sharpen a serrated knife, what do you use afterwards to remove the burr?

Thanks guys, a newbie here,  so any and all information would be greatly appreciated.

Ken S

Eric,

Normally the leather honing wheel is the tool used to remove the burr. As to serrated knives, the only serrated knife I sharpen is my Henckel bread knife. I use a dowel with abrasive paper or diamond paste. A much more common, faster method, esoecially for inexpensive knives, is to take one pass on the non serrated side with the knife flat against the wheel. I would grade the stone fine for this and learn on your own knife.

Ken