News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

been many years since i have visited this forum

Started by Maxtheknife, November 15, 2017, 04:45:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maxtheknife

but today or tomorrow is purchase day for T 8.
see you soon
<")))))<>(

cbwx34

Quote from: Maxtheknife on November 15, 2017, 04:45:30 PM
but today or tomorrow is purchase day for T 8.
see you soon

For your Williams-Sonoma gig?   ;)
Knife Sharpening Angle Calculator:
Calcapp Calculator-works on any platform. New url!
(or Click HERE to see other calculators available)

Jan

Maxtheknife, welcome to the Tormek forum!
My regards to Virginia Beach, America's First Region.  :)

Jan

cbwx34

Knife Sharpening Angle Calculator:
Calcapp Calculator-works on any platform. New url!
(or Click HERE to see other calculators available)

Jan

CB, thanks for your congratulations, you have pleased me.  :)
I have learned here a lot and my own posts helped me to better organize my thoughts.

Jan

Ken S

Excellent observing, CB. Jan, your thousand posts have enriched this forum greatly.

When I first became a member of this forum, only the founder and moderator, Jeff Farris, had reached the fifty posts mark. Ionut was the first member to reach the fifty posts mark. Herman and I were close behind. Typical posts had one or two replies; the longest posts had twenty. As I recall, the most topics posted by a member was seventeen. Only Jeff had reached the one day on forum mark.

Jan and CB, your posts continue to help this forum grow.

I am most pleased that Maxtheknife will be joining us. Max is a real deal sharpener. I recommend his you tubes highly. Good real world sharpening information. Pay attention when Max shows the effects of dishwashers on knives. I especially like his scissors you tube. In addition to his sharpening expertise, I enjoy the folksy humor in his you tubes.

Welcome aboard, Max!

ps My mother lived not far from Max in Virginia Beach. Ironically, one of my ancestors, Stephen Hopkins, was almost hanged for treason because he did not want to go to Jamestown in 1608. He had been shipwrecked and landed in Bermuda, then called Devil's Island. The leader wanted to continue on. Hopkins was one of several who thought the island paradise was preferable to the Indian attacks, starvation, and sickness of Jamestown. Fortunately, the worst problem today is too many tourists. :)

Maxtheknife

For your Williams-Sonoma gig?   ;)
[/quote]
mainly for Williams-Sonoma.......it will blend in there just right and i plan on using it at the local gun shows as well for certain knives.
i have year 2 starting tomorrow at Whole Foods store.......3 day event ......Complimentary Knife sharpening and 2 days in december.  i will by then have a grip on this T8 i hope.

<")))))<>(

Ken S