News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Metal Plate for AngleMaster Storage Not Sticking

Started by RickKrung, September 05, 2017, 04:35:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RickKrung

The self sticking metal plate for storing the AngleMaster is not sticking to blue plastic side of mt T8. Tried cleaning it with paint thinner but that didn't work. Adhesive wouldn't hold for even a second. Tried more pressure, no joy. Resorted to supersticky double-sided carpet tape.  Seemed good and secure but only lasted a day. Anyone who has had this happen found a solution?

Rick
Quality is like buying oats.  If you want nice, clean, fresh oats, you must pay a fair price. However, if you can be satisfied with oats that have already been through the horse, that comes at a lower price.

Ken S

Rick,

I am glad you posted this. If you email Tormek support (support@tormek.se), I am sure the issue will be resolved quickly.

I admit that I have not installed the plate on my T8. I store my Anglemaster in the drawer with my TTS-100 and frequently used jigs. (I happen to be the Ken in kenjig, so my Anglemaster is not used as frequently as most are.)

The adhesive on the plate should have twenty four hours to cure.

Keep us posted.

Ken

cbwx34

Mine fell off on the T-4 I got.... I superglued it back on.  So far, so good! :)
Knife Sharpening Angle Calculator:
Calcapp Calculator-works on any platform.
(or Click HERE to see other calculators available)

Ken S

I gather there was a glitch with some of the early plates, which has since been corrected.

I just looked at my T4. I don't remember attaching the plate, however it is attached. I keep the Anglemaster for it in the same drawer. I made labels for the Anglemasters saying "T4" and "T7". The 50mm difference will give inaccurate angle results if the Anglemaster diameter reading is not correctly set.

The sticking problem is annoyance. However, factoring in the improved accuracy of the machined zinc top and the non rusting property of the plastic part of the housing (compared with the finish years ago), I think we are making good progress.

Ken

cbwx34

Quote from: Ken S on September 05, 2017, 02:23:46 PM
I just looked at my T4. I don't remember attaching the plate, however it is attached....

The plate was "pre-attached", but when I stuck the AngleMaster on it, it fell off.

Wonder if sitting in a delivery truck in triple digit temps. contributed to it... but in my case, no biggie, the superglue seems to have solved it.

Komitadjie

Yeah, mine was not pre-attached and fell off almost immediately, it wouldn't even hold its own weight.  I just solved it with two strips of the 3M VHB double-sided foam tape I keep around for working on my RC planes.  It's the same stuff that most car name badges, etc are attached with, so it holds like the jaws of death.  No more problems there!

RickKrung

I posted this on the Knife Sharpening forum:
https://forum.tormek.com/index.php?topic=3365.45

Replacement plate fell off too.  Superglued it and that is holding. 

Rick
Quality is like buying oats.  If you want nice, clean, fresh oats, you must pay a fair price. However, if you can be satisfied with oats that have already been through the horse, that comes at a lower price.

Prisoner#6

Quote from: cbwx34 on September 05, 2017, 01:45:35 PM
Mine fell off on the T-4 I got.... I superglued it back on.  So far, so good! :)

Velcro for me

Ken S

Tormek sells a solution to this problem Just put the Anglemaster in the top drawer of the Tormek Work Station. Then you don't need to purchase super glue or velcro.  :)

Ken

cbwx34

Quote from: Ken S on November 18, 2017, 03:06:59 AM
Tormek sells a solution to this problem Just put the Anglemaster in the top drawer of the Tormek Work Station. Then you don't need to purchase super glue or velcro.  :)

Ken

Superglue is cheaper.   ;)

RickKrung