News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

How to Apply PA-70 to Leather Wheel

Started by Sharpco, October 25, 2017, 04:05:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sharpco

https://youtu.be/fYURcwkKGPs?t=6m44s

Jeff Farris puts the compound on leather wheels very easily.

I tried the same way but failed. The thread on the tube scratches the leather wheel and the compound has accumulated on the thread.

What is your preferred method?

cbwx34

Quote from: sharpco on October 25, 2017, 04:05:01 AM

Jeff Farris puts the compound on leather wheels very easily.

I tried the same way but failed. The thread on the tube scratches the leather wheel and the compound has accumulated on the thread.

What is your preferred method?

I do it different.  While turning the wheel by hand, I put a bead of compound around the entire wheel, then rub it in with a toothbrush.

Better coverage, and seems to last longer (my opinion).
Knife Sharpening Angle Calculator:
Calcapp Calculator-works on any platform.
(or Click HERE to see other calculators available)

Ken S

CB,

I like your toothpaste idea; I will try it. I generally put the compound on my left index finger while the wheel is running and work it into the wheel. Too much compound is messy.

I replaced the nut which secures the leather honing wheel on the T4 with the "quick connect", now standard on the larger Tormeks. The quick connect makes it very easy to clean off the compound spatter. (Better not to have the excess compound.  :)   )

Ken