News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

directions of the forum

Started by Ken S, September 09, 2017, 03:07:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken S

Stig made an interesting comment to me. He wanted to see the forum help our members "make sharp edges sharper". I totally agree. This forum has always welcomed questions from new members and more experienced members who want to make sharper edges.

In recent years, I have noticed another trend. In addition to our bread and butter sharpening questions, we have an increasing number of topics from members who want to explore and expand the limits of the Tormek. Fortunately, the Tormek is a very versatile machine and up to the task.

I find both psths fascinating, and hope they will both continue.

Ken

cbwx34

Quote from: Ken S on September 09, 2017, 03:07:09 AM
Stig made an interesting comment to me. He wanted to see the forum help our members "make sharp edges sharper". I totally agree. This forum has always welcomed questions from new members and more experienced members who want to make sharper edges.

In recent years, I have noticed another trend. In addition to our bread and butter sharpening questions, we have an increasing number of topics from members who want to explore and expand the limits of the Tormek. Fortunately, the Tormek is a very versatile machine and up to the task.

I find both psths fascinating, and hope they will both continue.

Ken

I think it's a natural desire to want to improve things... no matter how good they already are.  Forums can be a great place for this.  And, from what I've seen, a number of members are willing to share their discoveries, without hesitation.  (And in my case, also tolerant of my "explorations"....).   ;)

I'm still finding new info all the time... glad the forum's here.  Hope it continues too.
Knife Sharpening Angle Calculator:
Calcapp Calculator-works on any platform.
(or Click HERE to see other calculators available)

SharpenADullWitt

This site can help, but it tends to help confidence more, so that one realizes that practice, practice, practice, and that one can easily "resharpen" if one isn't happy.
Then visiting thrift type stores/garage sales for practice work.
Favorite line, from a post here:
Quote from: Rob on February 24, 2013, 06:11:44 PM
8)

Yeah you know Tormek have reached sharpening nirvana when you get a prosthetic hand as part of the standard package :/)