News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

MSK-250 Issue

Started by cnsdave, November 13, 2017, 04:59:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cnsdave

I recently ordered a MSK-250 for my older Tormek 2000 (2006 vintage) unit. The replacement shaft is about 1 inch shorter in length than my original shaft. When the leather drive wheel is secured to the new shaft there aren't any threads exposed when the SG-250 stone is attached to the other end. I wonder if I got a MSK-200 shaft by mistake. I've attached a picture to show the differences. I purchased this via Amazon 2 months ago and due to work issues I was unable to attempt installation until this last weekend. If the part was just put in the wrong box I would like to exchange it for the correct part.

Ken S

Welcome to the forum, Dave.

I measured my shafts (in place, not really precisely). The shaft on the T7/8 measured 260mm or 10 1/4". The shaft on the T4 measured 240 mm or 9 1/2". I suspect you received the wrong shaft.

You should email Tormek support (support@tormek.se). This should be a quick and easy fix.

Advanced Machinery, (advmachinery.com), one of the largest US Tormek dealers, sells on Amazon. If, by chance, you ordered through them, you might also contact them. I have dealt with them before and have found them very reputable. I would contact support first.

Keep us posted.

Ken

SharpenADullWitt

You got the shaft, and not the one your looking for.    Was this listed as new, or something like an Open box/damaged packing listing (in which case it would make me wonder if someone returned the wrong one back in the other box, for a bigger refund)?
Favorite line, from a post here:
Quote from: Rob on February 24, 2013, 06:11:44 PM
8)

Yeah you know Tormek have reached sharpening nirvana when you get a prosthetic hand as part of the standard package :/)

Ken S

Whatever might have happened with Amazon, contact support. That's how these things are resolved efficiently.

Ken