News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

reviving older topics

Started by Ken S, August 19, 2017, 02:39:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken S

From time to time, someone inquires about reviving older topics. For what it's worth, I think it is a good idea. Sadly, I have seen too many valuable topics quickly slip into oblivion. We are always adding new members and guests who were not part of the forum when these valuable topics were originally posted. I am both excited to read the fresh ideas in recent posts and regretful that so many fine posts have slipped away.

If any of us finds a good older topic, please reply and bring up the topic anew.

There is much value in researching older topics Jeff Farris and Ionut are two excellent formers to research.

Ken

cbwx34

It's good you posted this... some forums "frown" on reviving old threads (it's why I asked when I started posting).  For this forum, I think there's a number of threads that can be "brought back"... like you said they have valuable info... and are pretty much "timeless" in what they provide.
Knife Sharpening Angle Calculator:
Calcapp Calculator-works on any platform.
(or Click HERE to see other calculators available)

Ken S

CB,

Have you ever attended any religious service which did not include at least one reference to writing more than 120 days old?

I certainly did not discover the principles behind the kenjig. Neither did Dutchman. He was clever enough to apply knowledge which has been around since the days of the ancient Greeks. Even Jan, our forum mathematician, frequently consults his old friend, Mr Euclid of Alexandria.

Our primary reference, the handbook, was essentially written forty years ago by Torgny Jansson.

The forum today is not the same forum of the past, even the recent past. New members and guests are arriving daily. Many older members have moved on.

I do not mean to imply that older topics are more valuable than newer topics. Quite the contrary. Exciting new ideas are continually emerging. I just want to move forward while retaining the experience of the past.

Ken