News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Started a blog post...

Started by cbwx34, August 02, 2017, 01:25:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cbwx34

Started a blog post of links/references for sharpening knives on the Tormek... mainly to organize the excellent threads and posts I'm finding here.  Link will be in my signature, and will update it periodically.

Would love input, if you have a favorite thread, post, video etc.... any reference that would be of value!   :)

Thanks!
Knife Sharpening Angle Calculator:
Calcapp Calculator-works on any platform. New url!
(or Click HERE to see other calculators available)

stevebot

Steve Bottorff; author, teacher and consultant on knife and scissor sharpening.

Ken S

Nicely done and useful blog, CB.

I would mention one notable ommision: I consider Steve Bottorff's Sharpening School DVD an essential learning tool and reference. (sharpeningmadeeasy.com). Steve has generously shared parts of the DVD relating to the Tormek for the forum. Before retiring from teaching his excellent one on one training, Steve compiled the essence of his class on this DVD. I have had the pleasure of being with Steve in his shop and also watching his DVD easily a dozen times. I continue learning from the DVD. The DVD is part of a package he sells for only $150 US. For anyone thinking of starting a sharpening business, this is must have professional training. For amateurs like me, it is the best training package I know of.

Ken

cbwx34

Thanks for the input.  It has inspired an idea to add a section of "commercial sharpening tips" (coming soon).  I too, have benefited over the years from Steve's knowledge... his "Sharpening Made Easy" book is also full of info, and was glad to see he put a few videos on YouTube (I linked to some already... more to come).

Thanks!

cbwx34

Ended a blog post...   ???

Unfortunately, had to end the blog... got a Trademark/Copyright complaint from Tormek, and decided not to try and maneuver around what I could and couldn't use.  Sorry folks.   :(

p.s.  No hard feelings on my part... just the way it goes   :)

Ken S

This is the first time I have been aware of a Trademark/Copyright complaint on this forum. I liked the blogs because they made it easy to locate some of our old stand bys. I did notice that most of the material was just lifted from Tormek. I can certainly understand why Tormek would not be happy with this. I don't think the the real issue is the immediate use, but, rather, the uneasiness of what might become of it. Tormek has been burned by low priced clones who shamelessly used Tormek's ideas.

I do wonder with blogs how someone would find the information. I suppose the answer is via google searching. With the forum, one can find not only the solution but the full development.

I would urge our bloggers to pursue new ideas that pop up on the forum. The kenjig is an example of this. It benefitted from the ideas of many members, literally from around the globe.

Ken

grepper

Companies and authors must defend copyrights, trademarks and patents.  Just guessing, but I suspect you may have bumped some "fair use" threshold button.  Fair use seems a little fuzzy to me (I'm not a lawyer), but is an interesting subject and there is a lot of info on it if you search.  An example of same is:

http://fairuse.stanford.edu/overview/fair-use/four-factors/