News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

I've come "a round"...

Started by cbwx34, July 11, 2017, 02:00:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cbwx34

Hello:

Long time Tormek user... although I kinda got away from it for a while.  But I've come "a round" to the fun (and benefits) of sharpening on a water wheel. (So, pun intended).  ;D

I mostly sharpen knives.  Been reading the past few weeks... read some interesting posts on: setting angles sans AngleMaster, laser guidance (I made a laser guide setup for another sharpener, but couldn't quite adapt it to the Tormek... now have some ideas), lifting vs. rotating the knife, freehand sharpening (which I'm aspiring to do most), Kenjigs, charts/diagrams, among other stuff.

I've got a bit different take that I'm testing, on quickly setting the angle when sharpening a knife with a jig... if it pans out, I'll submit it for critique.  (I'm hopeful... the excellent little book on "Grinding Angle Adjustment" seems to support it).  In the meantime, you can wonder... why do I need chopsticks?  :o

I think I was a forum member a while back, but probably got "purged" for not posting... so figured I'd make one.

And of course a gratuitous photo...

(Make it Knife Sharpening relevant).  :)

Lotta good stuff here!  Any issue with pulling up old threads for questions/comments?  (Some forums frown on it, but since this forum is somewhat low volume... thought it might be OK).  But first, more reading to do!

Thanks!
Knife Sharpening Angle Calculator:
Calcapp Calculator-works on any platform.
(or Click HERE to see other calculators available)

Ken S

Welcome back to the forum, CB. New ideas are always welcome. So are questions based on older topics. There is much valuable information buried in older topics. When I have time, I enjoy studying older topics, especially those of our founder, Jeff Farris or Ionut. Unfortunately, neither is an active poster now, however, both have left a legacy of Tormek expertise of the forum. Please feel free to revive older topics; most of our newer members have never seen them.

Ken

SharpenADullWitt

I doubt it has been purged (your old user info), do you know what your name was?

Welcome, or rewelcome.
Favorite line, from a post here:
Quote from: Rob on February 24, 2013, 06:11:44 PM
8)

Yeah you know Tormek have reached sharpening nirvana when you get a prosthetic hand as part of the standard package :/)

cbwx34

Thanks.

(Usually use the same name... so I'm probably mistaken that I was here before).
Knife Sharpening Angle Calculator:
Calcapp Calculator-works on any platform.
(or Click HERE to see other calculators available)