News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

dishwasher damage

Started by Ken S, April 05, 2017, 04:50:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken S

I found this you tube by Virginia Beach sharpener, Maxtheknife. At just before the two minute mark, Max examines several knives, showing the nasty effects of washing knives in the dishwasher. It was an eye opener for me, a very different story from some of the opining on some "civilian" forums.

Ken

https://youtu.be/VDr9PzEvVlw

Elden

He isn't stating the chips and broken tips have been caused by the dishwasher, is he? That appears to be a major case of knife abuse to me. The spots and rust I can see occurring due to the dishwasher. The spots on the blade are aligned with the chips, in my thinking, as a result of the chips. Dunno.
Elden

grepper

I just always hand wash and dry knives.  Harsh detergents and the heat cycle of a dishwasher are at least not beneficial, especially to handles.  If the handles are glued it can't do the glue any good either.  It's pretty simple to just avoid any possible issues.  :)