News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Water trough knob

Started by bisonbladesharpening, April 01, 2017, 09:58:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bisonbladesharpening

Has anyone had a problem with the water trough knob on the t-8 coming off?
Mine did last week.  They have a repair kit that they are sending me and they
have sent a link to a video on how to repair myself.  Involves completely disassembling
unit.  Wondering if this is widespread.

Ken S

This is the first I have heard of it. Please keep us posted.

Ken

bisonbladesharpening

Repaired successfully.  Affinity sent me all necessary parts and I also
asked for the metric star point bit for the screws.  I have the mp4 video Tormek
made for the repair.  Too big to attach. 32M.  Affinity can send a link to download it.  It's a good way to get to know your machine.
I can see this being a persistent problem for high use machines.  Lubrication may help.
If you put the trough holder all the way up and look in the slot you will see a little white gear.
a skinny screwdriver can get some lube on that.  I use food grade super lube that I use on slicers.

cdenman

My water trough knob just sprung off my T-8. The machine was running unattended whilst the stone was absorbing water.

The washer and spring were flung across the room.

This fault is a little surprising and may hint at a design or build issue as I don't push the machine hard at all and have only used it a few times to date.

Any links to repair text/videos would be greatly appreciated.

ta

Ken S

You are a logical candidate for support. Send them an email. (support@tormek.se) That is the most efficient way to resolve your problem.

Ken

RickKrung

Quote from: Ken S on November 14, 2017, 04:02:14 PM
You are a logical candidate for support. Send them an email. (support@tormek.se) That is the most efficient way to resolve your problem.

Ken

Just do it, what Ken said.  I delayed and it was great when I finally did.  Great service. 

Rick
Quality is like buying oats.  If you want nice, clean, fresh oats, you must pay a fair price. However, if you can be satisfied with oats that have already been through the horse, that comes at a lower price.

cdenman

Thank you for all the responses I've received.