News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

New remaining T7s for $499 with free shipping

Started by Ken S, February 10, 2017, 05:46:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken S

For those still thinking about a T7, the remaining new units are now priced at $499 US (including free shipping) at some dealers.

In my opinion, the T8 at $699 is still the best value choice, but the option is still there at present.

Ken

SharpenADullWitt

Quote from: Ken S on February 10, 2017, 05:46:19 PM
For those still thinking about a T7, the remaining new units are now priced at $499 US (including free shipping) at some dealers.

In my opinion, the T8 at $699 is still the best value choice, but the option is still there at present.

Ken

Unless your looking at a T4.  Then the T7 might be a better option, unless your looking at the T4, for carrying/back/arm purposes.
Also for those who have the jigs and are looking for a second unit, this might be a good time to pick one up.
Favorite line, from a post here:
Quote from: Rob on February 24, 2013, 06:11:44 PM
8)

Yeah you know Tormek have reached sharpening nirvana when you get a prosthetic hand as part of the standard package :/)

Ken S

I agree. Incidentally, I checked with Affinity Tool, the US importer. The $499 price is legitimate. My fondness for the T4 is well known on the forum. It has always been based on its portability, not cost. When the T7 price was reduced from $665 to $600, I felt the T8, with the new SE-77 and new features represented a better value. At $499 (prices for all models including free shipping), the price/value competition gets tighter. In my opinion, it certainly represents a much better value than the used market.

Don't forget, the $499 includes the full T7 new warranty, 7+3 years.

I think the new SE-77 square edge jig is a real improvement for cambering plane blades. However, the SE-77 has performed like a trooper, too. I also like the new water trough, although I have never had any complaints with the older troughs.  I think this present price reduction represents a rare opportunity to either acquire a second Tormek or purchase a first Tormek at a discount. I would not wait long.

Ken

Herman Trivilino

Affinity web site still lists it at $665.

Does the $499 price include the square edge jig and truing tool?
Origin: Big Bang

Ken S

Herman,

I used the live chat feature on the Affinity site. The life chat person confirmed the $499 price.

Here is the link.

http://www.rockler.com/tormek-t-7-sharpening-system?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=&utm_content=pla&utm_campaign=PL&sid=V9146&gclid=CLGrgaHKidICFZE6gQodVyIGiw

It looks complete. I think they are clearing out remaining stock.

Ken

ps Sorry, I did not notice the no longer available notification. The person from Affinity indicated that some dealers might have remaining stock at $499. Act fast if you are interested.