News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Mystery wheel

Started by Banjoking, February 03, 2017, 10:34:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Banjoking

Hi can anyone help me identify this wheel. It's approx 240mm, and came with my2000 grinder. I thought it might be a knife shfarpening or old type honing wheel, but only guessing. I'm new to the world of sharpening this way. Cheers
Can't seem to up load pic. It's a rubber type compound and light blueish

Ken S

Welcome to the forum, Banjoking.

I believe you have an EA-240 Deburring wheel. It interchanges with the leather honing wheel. The rubber is inpregnated with aluminum oxide and offers a more aggressive wheel than the leather honing wheel.

Yours is the first one I have heard about. Previously I have only read about it in my earliest handbook. I do not think these were manufactured for very long. That't too bad; it seems like a useful accessory.

Support (support@tormek.se) may be able to provide more information.

Ken

bobl

Ken,
would that be of a similar or same thing that is on the T2 ??

Ken S

Bob,

I suspect it may have some similarities. It was flat, whereas, I believe the T2's honing wheel is angled. I suspect this is to allow clearance with the smaller (T4 based) frame for longer knives. Removing the grinding wheel with the EZYlock would do the same thing.

Rubberized abrasives are common in industry. In fact, a set of three rust eraser blocks are an absolute must have item for sharpeners. Lee Valley carries them. I use mine all the time to rejuvenate oxidized metal surfaces.

If the T2 honing wheel is eventually available as a replacement part, I would buy one to try it.

Ken