News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

moving photos

Started by Ken S, January 09, 2017, 01:46:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken S

I am finally getting more fluent with attaching photos to the forum.
1) I start in Lightroom, my editing program. From lightroom I export the photo to my desktop, first resizing it to under the maximum allowable on the forum (192kb for single photos)

2) Noting the image number, I transfer the image to documents.

3) Under the Attachments and other options (just below this text window), I select and choose the photo.

When I push post, the photo posts.

I have to do this on my computer (iMac), because on my iPad, photos, the photo editing program has no size adjustment, and the trick of emailing it with reduction does not go small enough for the simple machines forum format.

I would not consider this a no brainer flow, but it does work. In the future, I will try using a smaller JPEG format for photos designated for the forum. Instead of large, fine JPEGs, I will try basic small JPEGs. I definitely have some tweaking to do.

Ken

Ken S

second test going from lightroom to desktop (resized to under 192kb) to forum. This photo shows the gouge right off the CBN wheel. The earlier photo shows the gouge sharpened with the same CBN wheel and polished on the leather honing wheel.

Ken